We are looking for General Catering Assistants to join our team at Hinkley Point C
Full time (39 hours per week) on a variable shift pattern
£9.30 per hour plus enhancements
Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for General Catering Assistants to join our team at Hinkley Point C. This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join a growing business. The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience in a catering environment and will be able undertake a range of duties which include:
- To serve meals, snacks & drinks including taking payments.
- To clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions, Coffee Shops.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System.
- To carry out and record any checks specified by the Unit Manager, Catering Manager, Front of House Manager.
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To participate as a HACCP Team member if required.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H & S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- To assist where necessary in collating traceability information.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- COSHH Training
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication
- “Can do”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shift patterns
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us