We are looking for chefs to join our team at Hinkley Point C
Full time (39 hours per week) on a variable shift pattern
£11.60 per hour plus enhancements
Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for Chefs to join our team at Hinkley Point C. This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join a growing business. The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience in a catering environment and will be able undertake a range of duties which include:
- Carry out all on site catering activities under the direction of the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To ensure all food is produced on time to the required quality standards.
- To prepare & serve food at additional functions as required by key customers.
- To ensure the all kitchen facilities and all equipment is cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- To assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in planning menu’s and food provision in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- To organise and/or carry out production staff training
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific on-site requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To ensure incoming raw materials and packaging is delivered in accordance with specifications and is stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To advise relevant managers of planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Following the receipt of any customer complaints, assist in investigation of the cause and recommend/implement appropriate corrective action. Trend analysis of customer complaints should be carried out in conjunction with Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- Assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in the preparation of the relevant aspects of the company budget.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Team player
- Excellent communication
- “Can do”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shift patterns
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
- City & Guilds 706/1 & 2, NVQ Level 2 or Commis Chef Level 2.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Basic COSHH
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us